Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summer Madness




















Kool & The Gang "Summer Madness" (Live) // Love & Understanding (1976)


Continuing our LIVE IN CONCERT series here on HSD, here is one of my father's favorite songs. And while I'm mentioning my father and Kool & The Gang, I have to remember to say the following:

"You know Kool isn't the lead singer right?
Everybody thinks he's the lead singer. Kool plays bass."

Not that Kool & The Gang comes up often in conversation often, but you can bet anytime it does my father will say those words. He wants everyone to know the TRUTH! He wants the right man to get the right credit. It's a common mistake, but Robert Bell "Kool" is the bass player. A lot of people mistake J.T. Taylor for "Kool", but he didn't arrive until 1979 (and the cut "Ladies Night).

No comments: