Sunday, March 16, 2008

T-Bear is tapping on your ear drums

For my first post on HSD I've decided to hit you with 3 random joints that are extremely pleasing to the ear. I could blab on about some BS, but lets just get right to it.











The SolSonics “Lift Off”





The early 90's was a great era for hip-hop. But it also sparked a nice handful of funky bands with a female lead singer. Brand new heavies stand out the most. Loved Jamiroquoi. The groove collective droped a few jems. And then there was this group called the SolSonics. One day i was diggin thru some wax a my guy Skratch One's crib, and i came across this 12". Sadly i had to give it back to Skratch but not before i recorded it.








The Legion “Jingle Jangle”// album: Theme + Echo = Krill




1994. Hip-Hop. Afros with fist picks. Rugby polo shirts. Sony walkmans. Jansport backpacks. Dr. Dre and Ed Lover was still doing Yo! MTV Raps. This was a great year. I remember seeing the video to this joint back in the day. Real grimmey stomping in my timbos type shit. Funny thing about it is, i'm like the only person in the world that remembers this joint. Yup, another one hit wonder. Hip-Hop is full of them. The Legion. Questionmark Asylum. The College Boyz. Yaggfu Front. Theres many others. Maybe one day I'll share some of their joints. But for now, just sample!!!




Sound Directions “Play Car”// album: The Funky Side Of Life




A couple winters ago, me and Offkeyth took a trip up to Dusty Groove to get some wax. I had some fresh joints in my hand. Now, Offkeyth is the man. I learned how to mix from listening to his old mix tapes. yes, tapes. not cd's. not mp3's. His ear for music is unbelieveable. So when he makes a album or song suggestion, you just buy it. no questions asked. im diggin, and he slides me Sound Directions, The funky Side Of Life. His exact words were, "here you need this". I peeped the title and tucked it under my arm. I knew this was a Madlib project, and Im a Madlib junkie. This is a funky ass album. and this particular song is my favorite from this album. I love Madlibs, oh I mean Otis' drum roll and how the organ comes back in. Madlib is a genius. Here, You need to listen to this.

2 comments:

donnie said...

fantastic.
dawg, I appreciate your words.

T-Bear One8III said...

no prob. i've already been thinking of what i can share next. i got some stuff that has yet to be digitized. so once i get my equipment set back up, it'll be on for real.