Friday, May 16, 2008

Peven Everett "Power Soul"













"Washing"


"This Just In"


I've been wanting to do a post on Peven Everett for a long time, but never got around to it. In my mind, it was going to be a big post with about 8 songs to introduce new people to the Chicago talent. Sort of like a Peven Everett EP. I even had the post typed up and ready to go, but I could never lock down the songs I wanted. The guy has so much music out, every time I locked down a tracklisting, I'd want to add somethign else. Peven really needs a double disc set to cover the best stuff.

That was in December. Between then and now I finally warmed up to his Power Soul album, and just decided to post these two songs. Here's the thing with Peven (try to excuse the name JJ): On every album, for every dud song there's also a home run. And when he hits, he hits big!

No wonder skateboard cats are copying his style.



If you're new to Peven, these are two solid cuts. But please come back soon cause I plan on posting my own personal Peven Everett EP along with a special mix done by my guy disco dj of the Chicago group Windimoto.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peven is the truth. He should get his respect in the industry. I am saving up to buy his whole collection on his blog. On his myspace he talks about his health problems and having ulcers and not having the funds to properly promote himself. It's tragic in a sense and I hope like with Ani it pays off for him in the longrun.

Anonymous said...

You Know How Much I LOVE PEVEN.......I just hope he gets his shine one of these days


ps.... my blogg is in the works :)