Monday, June 30, 2008

Peven Everett













Peven Everett "I Know When I' Met" // Sincerely Yours... (2008)


I bought two CD's from my favorite "wrekka sto" this past weekend to celebrate my birthday (which is tomorrow). One of which was the newest Peven album Sincerely Yours (the other, 2000Black's A Next Set Of Rockers). And it's strange, I always seem to buy his albums without hearing them first. Yet, I'd never put him in the category of Badu, Bilal, The Roots or any other artist where I'd buy their album without hearing it.

I guess I gamble on Peven because I know he's going to give me something I really like. Like REALLY like. I may not like the whole album, but there's gonna be that ONE song that hits me hard. Like I'll be riding in the car waiting for the green light, and it'll just hit me. And I'll sit there at the light screaming, "THAT'S IT PEVEN! THAT'S THAT JOINT RIGHT THERE!" And I'll bang on the steering wheel complete with furious head knods (yeah, that's what I do when I'm feeling a song. I'm sure my steering wheel hates me).

Oh, dude is a local Chicago artist. I have a special place in my heart for those cats. Also, I love the switch up at the 3:56 mark. Great groove.

No comments: