Sunday, December 9, 2007

Georgia On My Mind




"Because"

I love this.
I love her.
I love the strange space age harmonies on this song.
It's like you listen to her voice, and you think something is a bit off.
(Mike, you know what I'm talking 'bout..ha ha)
Seriously, it almost sounds wrong.
But you can't stop listening.

Then you realize...

"Oh, wait..."






...then you look around to see if anyone else got it.

Her name is Georgia Anne Muldrow, and the album is called "Olesi: Fragents of an Earth" on Stones Throw Records. She's doing some different things with her music, and I like it. It's a bit abstract but she has some very nice moments on there. I haven't given the full album the attention it deserves, but from the few tracks I've heard come up on my iPod, I like her style a lot. Reminds me a lot of Steve Spacek's sparse production and mystic vocals. In fact, if you were to ask me what music sounds like it's from the year 2045...THIS is it.


No comments: