Tuesday, November 18, 2008

For Ave

Yo!! IT'S WORKIIINNNNNG!!! IT'S WOORRRKIIIINNNNG!!
Yeah! I finally put my setup back together. For those who dont know, my setup consists of: 2 gemini turntables (sorry, couldnt afford tech 1200's at the time), a stanton SK2F 2 channel mixer, M-Audio Torq (just like serato, only cheaper), and my monster 17 inch dell dual processor laptop. No, I havent put together a mix yet. It's comming. Be patient. But I got two joints that I only have on vinyl.




Montreaux 76 \\ 88 Keys


This joint here is for Ave. Back when i first got my turntables, Ave donated his small crate of records. Included in this crate was a 10 inch box set called The Beat Suite compiled by DJ Spinna. And on one of the records we found Montreaux 76. Its a nice jazzy/hip-hop insturmental. Takes me back to having lunch at the Mello Yellow in Hyde Park. They used to always have nice jazzy laid back music in the back ground. But anyway. Months ago, Ave hit me up and asked me to send him this song. So this ones for you.





Quicksand Millennium \\ The Roots


This song is the shit. Nuff said. Me, Ave, and Donnie all used to be heavy posters on Okayplayer. I cant remember which forum this used to come up in. But people talked about this song alot. I couldnt find this song for shit. Me and Ave used to hit the music stores on the regular. And I never seen nor heard this song anywhere. So I thought it was an urban legend. The shit just didnt exist. And I could see visions of Questlove picking his hair and laughing at me. But then one day, I'm in Grammaphones digging thru the racks and I see it. Immediately went into secret agent mode. Couldnt let anybody see what I was walking out of the shop with. Yeah, I paid for it. But it felt like I was stealing.

2 comments:

ave said...

thanks... Ima see if I can get it rotation at the lounge spot....

z said...

hey, i posted a comment on an entry of yours from back in april and i realized that my blog doesn't tell me when someone posts a comment, which made me wonder if yours did.

either way, you posted a $2 bill roots song and i was hoping you had more from that show. I've been looking for it since they first aired it way back when. you'd be putting this tick of mine to rest. let me know if you can help out.

zac.