Tuesday, November 25, 2008

weezy? Is that you?

I was invited to contribute awhile back, so this is over due....but, you know....anywho.
My first post was supposed to be about a convo Donnie and i had, it goes something like this.....
We were talking about Weezy (not the one from above, but lil weezy/wayne {don't worry, i didn't forget the baby}, but I didn't want to scare people off before they read the point).


Sorry Ms. Jefferson.
Basically the consensus of my people back in the day was Wayne sucked. In the last couple years some of those people have come around to various degrees; from near g.o.a.t contention to thinking he has some entertaining lines (though she said she can't admit that to everyone). KRS was on Sirius awhile back and put it like this (I'm paraphrasing), "Wayne is dope.....definitely is hiphop.....but some of his subject matter can be a little young for my taste". Thanks Kris, couldn't have said it better myself. Being that this is a music blog on the internet i guess a link of sorts is warranted:



How'd this happen? (do I look like a mind reader) ion't know.
maybe it's the drug use.
maybe its a ghostwriter. maybe if you were rich before you could drive and had nothing to do all day but write lyrics you come up with some witty stuff too....