Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Politik




















The Politik
(Mark De Clive-Lowe & Bembe Seque) (2007)


"Saturn"









"Mistaken"









"Feel It" (featuring Bahamadia)








Politik is a collaboration project between Mark De Clive-Lowe and Bembe Seque of Bugz In The Attic. I've had this CD for about a month, and I'm just NOW getting around to giving it a full listen. Truth be told, I was kinda iffy about it on the first few listens. I was feeling the production, but I was kinda iffy on Bembe Seque (who sings on a lot of tracks for Bugz).

But now (after I've played the album about 3 more times), I'm feeling this CD a lot! It's really growing on me. Initially I first typed this blog up a few weeks ago (yeah, I have these posts stored in a vault!), I only had two songs two share with y'all. I found one more joint that's very worthy of posting, "Saturn", which has this nice 1987 feel to it.

So yeah...here are a few tracks that have stood out so far.

(the end of "Mistaken" is sick).

You can check out some more tracks from this album on their MySpace page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dope site. found you googling for "coultrain". just an fyi, mark de clive-lowe ain't in 4hero. he's his own solo artist.

marc mac is the other 1/2 of 4hero along with Dego.

pz

donnie said...

Ah...thanks for the heads up. Let me update that.