Friday, January 18, 2008

RUFUSIZED!

Rufus featuring Chaka Khan "Somebody's Watching You" from the RUFUSIZED LP (1974)









Props to Ayana Contreras of of Vocalo and 89.5 FM for introducing me to this Rufus & Chaka joint via a mix CD she made me a while back. This song alone is the reason I've started picking up every Rufus & Chaka album I can get my hands on. You can't tell me this isn't a top Chaka Khan performace! Top 5 at best! It's funky! It's fantastic!

Chaka Khan (LEAD VOCALS)
Tony Maiden (LEAD GUITAR, BACKGROUND VOCALS)
Kevin Murphy (ORGAN, CLAVINETTE, BACKGROUND VOCALS, ARP SYNTHESIZER)
Bobby Watson (BASS, BACKGROUND VOCALS)
Andre' Fischer (DRUMS, PERCUSSION)
Rufus (ARRANGEMENTS)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i play this, it's the parliament song you posted a while ago.

is this the right link?

donnie said...

I've been having issues with divshare. I have a new (hopefully better) system.

try the link now.

Anonymous said...

i appreciate your giving me credit for hipping you to this (and for giving a free plug to vocalo! How've you been?

ayana