Wednesday, August 6, 2008

D'Angelo Live (1 of 3)



















One Mo' Gin" (Live)

Brown Sugar" (Live)

I'm showcasing this brotha because there isn't anyone in R&B music today that can put on a live show like him. Nobody. And he hasn't dropped an album in eight years! I missed the Voodoo tour the first time it came around, so I only have my audio ticket for access this well put together performance. "One Mo' Gin" was part of the first few shows but was later dropped from the show. It's a shame because this is the definitive version of "One Mo' Gin".

Don't get me wrong, the studio version is great. Fantastic even. It's one of the reasons Voodoo is such a strong album. But when the Soultronics got a hold of this song on the road, they killed it. They took it to another level. Again, this song further showcases what I love about live music. D and the crew took a 5 second portion of the song and stretched it out to 5 minutes just to groove (right around 5:18 or so).

Al Green must be proud.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what is the password?

Black Moses said...

where are these tracks, homie!?

http://nevertravelled.blogspot.com
http://havetravelled.blogspot.com

WordSmith said...

Damn, I can't find a live version of One Mo Gin anywhere...I have scoured the internet. It's too bad this link doesn't work. Any chance of a re-up? Also, do you have the full audio of whatever show this is from?