Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Taunja on: Badu

















Erykah Badu "Otherside Of The Game" (Live) // VH1 Soul Stage (2008)


WORDS BY TAUNJA:

Ok for the last 3 weeks thanks to someone on OKP I have killed Erykah’s Live version of “Otherside of the Game” from her VH1 Soul concert. The reason why I love it so much is because it reminds me so much of the 1st time I saw her live. It was at the now legendary Atlanta spot Ying Yang. The night started out as a listing party for Baduizm but little did we know it was going to be a full live performance of her album.

Erykah did a cover of “Stay” by Chaka and killed it. The place was beyond packed and I just remember getting up on the bar so I could see and yell “You sing that damn song!" What a night to remember!

5:59 takes me back to that exact moment......wow!

No comments: